Tomorrow morning I head off to the airport to go to my first professional conference. I’ll be heading to Orlando, Florida to attend the Grace Hopper Conference, the largest conference for women in Tech! I’m super excited, but also nervous.
As someone who considers themselves an introvert, this is going to be quite the adventure for me.
My hopes for Grace Hopper:
1. That I have fun! That’s the most important part. As long as I’m enjoying myself, then it’s worth it!
2. Meet new people and create connections. You never know who you might meet and how that connection could change your future.
3. Learn about interesting tech. From Google Assistant programming to Netflix using technology for storytelling, I can’t wait to see what I learn.
4. Learn about other companies and education programs that lead the way in the world of tech.
5. Become inspired. There will be over 20,000 women in attendance. Working in tech you’re often the only woman in the room, so I’m pumped to be surrounded by so many intelligent, passionate, and confident women.
My goal is to make a few videos about the experience, share some tips, and help future conference goers feel confident and excited. I’ll add these to my Youtube channel in the coming weeks, so make sure to subscribe!